Thursday, February 12, 2009

Tonight - I Won...but My Team Lost...

Hmm...how to start le????

Okie, let me start by saying that I represent my residential college/hostel (here after referred to as college) to play badminton for the SUKUM (Sukan Universiti Malaya)...

Tonight, we had a match, and my team lost 2-1, although I won my match.... such a pity... tomorrow we have another match, but I think we will most likely lose also since the other team is very strong... so to conclude, this tournament is a failure... I'm actually not that sad over losing,because this is only a small part of a bigger picture, and I'm more concerned with the bigger picture...

Well, so what is the bigger picture? I'd actually put high hopes in this SUKUM thing so that I can apply to stay back in college in the next acadmic year... but since we lost, the 分量 of this activity seems to have diminish greatly... I mean, would college still want to keep u when u've lost? (which equals you didn't contribute anything to college....sigh~)

The other way that we can contribute is through joining college projects, where you get chosen (after interview) to become part of the organizing committee of a project. And so far I've only joined one project....while my other coursemates joined 6, 9 even 10 projects... WOW ... I have no idea how they find the time.... Actually, sports weigh A LOT in our college (compared to projects), that's why I was banking on it... but I'm not sure whether it will still weigh that much when you didn't win... (sigh~)

So what am I actually worrying about? Well, the truth is I'm not sure whether 1 project + representing college in SUKUM without winning anything = can stay back in college in 2nd year... as I've already explained the amount of projects my coursemates are joining to stay back.... u might be asking what's so good about staying in college? I can only say it's cheaper, more convenient and IT'S JUST NEXT TO MY FACULTY...... other than that, I would have preferred to move out, but between having no transport to come to school (if I move out) and being not very familiar with the area around, I think it's better if I can manage to stay back, at least for 2nd year...

However, in the midst of worrying about the future, there's a voice that keeps popping out inside my head, saying that I shouldn't worry, because God will provide me with what I need... He provided food for birds in the air, who does not store food for themselves; and dressed the lilies of the fields, that even Solomon in all his splendor wasn't dressed like one of them. So if God can provide for the grass in fields, which is here today and thrown into the fire tomorrow, I am ABSOLUTELY SURE that God will provide me with a good, convenient place to stay for the next few years while I'm here... I just need to have faith, continue praying and trust that He has His own plan (even if I really end up not being able to stay back in college)....:)

3 comments:

Steven Gerrard said...

when u tried ur best oledi, ignore what others value u..coz in the end, the results is urs, not others...haha....seems very deep!!!cheers, dude

Laura said...

awww... just continue to trust in him.. Matt 6:33-34 =)))) I <3 these verses. really have to continue to have faith in God. xD

Unknown said...

lol... u r still very SHIN YI... :P