Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I'm Mediocre After All...

"A lot of students come to me and tell me: What happened to me? I used to be the star student of my school, now I'm just mediocre, what happened to me?"

"You have to stop competing with each other. Your life is not just about grades; university is a place where you're supposed to build yourself up."

"Everyday you wake up, and from your room (where ever it is: in college, or in SS 17 or somewhere else), you come to school, then go to the library, then go back to your room. Everyday it's the same, everything becomes so routine - you're living a black life."

"From now to the end of March (exam usually starts in April), you have 9 months. Averagely you have about 45 days to master each subject (we have 6)."

Tell me, how does one discard competitiveness? It's not something that you can switch on and off.
It's tiring, I'm tired. Whoever said university was enjoyable clearly didn't take this course.

Btw, I didn't say any of the above, it's just taken from random conversations/lectures.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I share the same feeling here. Back in my faculty, EVERY SINGLE ONE OF US used to be the star student in his/her previous school. But things have changed now that everyone is of equal standing...

Chuen Hien Lai said...

we should be humble when we step into a larger society. don't look back what we've done also. It didn't mean anything at all but still a proof that we did it before. things change when it gets into a more complex structure.

But, that's life. Cheers^^

Terry said...

life in university is what u make of it... u could just eat, sleep & go to class, or take all the chances that comes your way to mix around with different ppl... be active again... it can make your world more colourful... living in monochrome is such a sad way to pass our youth...

Unknown said...

it's ok girl~there's a lot of pros outside in the uni.

just try to have a memorable uni life,study isn't everything~try to enjoy it~